26 Sept 2015

'That's The Spirit' by BMTH review ☂

Hello!! I know I haven't posted in a while but school started this week for me and I haven't got any time to stop and write but I'm back!
The other day, September 11th, That´s The Spirit, the new Bring Me The Horizon's album came out and I think I've already listened to it way too many times but oh well lmao
So on this post I'll be doing some kind of review of their album!


Tracklist: 
1. Doomed
3. Throne
8. Run 
9. Drown
11. Oh No

1. Doomed
This isn't one of my favourites of the album but I like it so much! The chorus kinda reminds me of a song I used to listen a while ago, even though I have no idea which song :\\ I like the lyrics, but that's not news because I think I like almost every bmth lyrics haha
I listened to it again and tried to understand what they were trying to say and we've got some deep shit in here (again, what are the news? lmao) wait can I swear in here¿?

2. Happy Song
S-P-I-R-I-T SPIRIT LET'S HEAR IT
Okay I think I listened to this SO MANY times!!! It's one of my favourites and I don't think I'll ever get tired of it. I just relate a lot to it in some ways and idk maybe that's why I like bmth so much, like I can relate so much to most of their songs and it kinda makes me feel like I'm not that alone? 

3. Throne
I've been addicted to this song since it first came out and I love every single part of it. It shows that everything that hurts you, scars you and that brings you down will only prepare you and help you to be better, be stronger and fight back, you just have to stop and realise that you can't stay 'down' forever so you might as well start collecting the good things that come from the bad things (what am I even saying lmao I swear I'm not drunk and this is actually making sense in my head) and use them to 'recover'.

4. True Friends
Damn it, this is just thebomb.com 
No like this is also one of my favourites and I can't stop listening to it........... BUT there's something here that just doesn't sound right (and please someone tell me if I'm wrong because that would be a relief)! Shouldn't it be 'I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you' instead of 'I wouldn't hold my breath if I was you'??? hahaha
But I love it anyways.

5. Follow You
First of all, I would never associate this song to them haha but it is also one of my favourites. The lyrics are so beautiful and this is probably the most romantic song from bmth! I don't even know what to say about it besides that I adore it so much that I don't even have words to describe it.

6. What You Need
I just love the irony in this song. It's about people who aren't open-minded and who stick to the things they were taught, and are so afraid of being wrong that don't even take the risk to believe in new things unless they're proven true. Those are the people that also don't like you just because you think differently. 
One thing I like about Bring Me The Horizon is that they literally say whatever they feel like they need to say without caring what other people might think of them just because they have different opinions (yes, those are the people I just talked about ^^).

7. Avalanche
I feel like this song is a bit personal, because Oli said it's about ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder) and about his addiction to self-medicating. I can't really give my opinion on this one, at least on the lyrics part because only Oli himself can understand by 100% what's there and I'm sure this has a lot of meaning to him because this is a way of him letting out what he thinks and how he feels and it probably helps him a lot to cope with his feelings and emotions (at least I hope it does).

8. Run
I haven't listened to this one as much as I've listened to the others just because I don't relate that much to it and I enjoy listening to songs that I can relate to much more than I enjoy just listening to them.
It's a good song, and I like it but not as much as the others.

9. Drown
I FUCKING LOVE THIS SONG! That's all.

10. Blasphemy
I think this song is kinda related to 'What You Need' as it's about cynical people who won't let go of their beliefs, even though they don't actually believe them, they're just sticking to what they were told/taught.

11. Oh No
This song just makes me really proud of Oliver, like it shows how his addiction is now part of the past and you can see a really big change from the albums 'There Is A Hell' (which basically is about him dealing with being an addict) to 'Sempiternal' (wich shows how he's trying to stop) and to this one, this song in particular, because the story of it it's him speaking to someone who's still an addict and trying to help them come off whatever drug they're addicted to.

This album is really different from the others, and if you listened to all of them you obviously noticed there's been a huge change. I've seen a lot of people complaining about their 'new style' and how they liked the old albums better but just stop and think: it's their band, they create their songs. I think they have the right to be any style they want. If you don't like it just kindly leave, there's no need for rude comments... but that's just me thinking :)


I'm so sorry for this post being too long, and I'm even more sorry if you don't like BMTH (sorry for your music taste obviously. just kidding haha don't hate me I'm nice and cute) and if this post was literally full of nothing to you haha and I'm sorry if you gave up reading it and aren't reading this part of me apologising to you.
Anyway, hope you're all feeling fab!

With love,
Mari xx



No comments: